Luke Family

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Don't be late....or else!


So, last week I commited the ultimate crime as a mother. I forgot it was early day and picked Kamdyn up a 1/2 hour late from school. I really felt sick to my stomach on the way over. I got to the school after what seemed like an hour long drive and Kamdyn was in the office. When I opened the door, she gave me this look like I was the most pathetic thing she has ever laid eyes on. I said I was sorry and that I forgot it was early day and that I was at the grocery store and I headed over as soon as I remembered. She proceeds to say "I should have known you were at some store". Then as we were driving home, the song (I think it's called this) "it's too late to apologize" (whatever the title is) comes on. Kamdyn then says "yep, it really is." I couldn't believe she was treating me like this. I made a mistake for heaven sake. Geez. Finally that night she kept complaining to Steve and he told her to let it go. Well, she just couldn't cause the next morning when I dropped her off as she got out of the car she added "try not to be late today!" And I always thought she was the sweet one. Guess she really likes punctuality. Whatever....you can be sure I will never make that mistake again.

6 Comments:

Blogger Justin said...

Wait till she says "Sometimes." Paybacks suck!

February 12, 2008 at 5:37 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Nice to have a new post by the way.

February 12, 2008 at 5:38 PM  
Blogger redstarmama said...

OUCH! Why do kids feel like they have to rub in our mistakes? Is that something they learn from us? I hope not!

February 13, 2008 at 9:34 AM  
Blogger S.Miles said...

My heart skipped a beat when I saw you had posted a new blog. Here I was going to leave you a mean, nasty blog about you never posting anymore. I wanted to make you feel guilty and not good enough. But- looks like Kamdyn beat me to the punch! :P So, I will spare you any "you suck for never posting" stuff and just say- It happens to the best of us! The other day I asked Kody what ways I could be a better mom and he said "You could take me places. Like Texas. Or Hawaii. Or China." Who does this kid think I am? Eric or something?

February 13, 2008 at 12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can't help but feel bad for the girl. However, she has no idea what's coming when curfews, dating rules, and more come into existance. Then she'll know what mad really is. However this picture is SOO CUTE! It's a minnie Janel. Great lighting on her darling face.

February 14, 2008 at 4:23 PM  
Blogger Melissa C. said...

OK Janelle, I'm highly offended that you didn't tell me you have a blog! I had to find it on my own. ♥

February 25, 2008 at 5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home