Luke Family

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

6 things....

Here we go again....

1. Most of you already know about my ironing obsession, however, there has been a turn of events that has caused this to become even more disturbing. I have to iron the girls clothes in chronological order. Weird to some. So comforting to me.

2. Sometimes when I am in the car and there is a song on that I really like or is a song that you would hear in a movie, I pretend that I am the lead in the movie and stare off into space while I am driving deep in thought like they do in the movie. For example, there are many movies where someone jumped in their car after making the big decision like to move to California or something and they drive off with an intense look on their face and the music is playing in the background and they are just really deep in thought, thinking about their new life. Well, that was really long, but I think you get it now. I am weird. So, if you see me driving around looking very intense and deep into thought, you better believe I am playing a movie role.

3. If I get mayonnaise on my hands while making sandwiches, it makes me gag.

4. Many of you know that Steve massages me or scratches my back or feet or something every night. (love him) Well, I have a thing I call uneven. If he scratches one arm a certain way, I have to have the other done exactly the same or I feel uneven.

5. I really don't enjoy other peoples kids. Those that are related are fine because I love them. Other people from church or school and such, no thank you. I don't want to watch you and you are probably annoying me just looking at you. A playdate to me is like poking my eyes with a knitting needle.

6. Sometimes I have to ask myself, am I really that mean? The answer is yes. I am that mean. Some people might be surprised that I don't even say all the mean things that are floating around in my head. I should probably work on that.

4 Comments:

Blogger S.Miles said...

I dont know what made me laugh the most about this blog. Maybe its the gag reflux/mayonaise thing, or the I want to poke my eye with knitting needles, or the "I am really mean" one. Literally laughed out loud! The chronilogical iron thing- I totally get. Makes sense to me. I liked your weird things. Way to come up with 6 more! I knew you had it in you!

November 13, 2007 at 9:50 AM  
Blogger redstarmama said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who HATES the whole playdate idea. I don't even like to let Declan play at his friends' houses because I don't want to have a reciprocal playdate at my house. Am I really that mean? Yes, yes I am.

November 13, 2007 at 9:50 AM  
Blogger Miriam Herm said...

i'm laughing. very hard.
and i think i am number 5 and number 6.
in fact, i just quit a babysitting job because i couldn't stand the little girl. i think part of it is because you have to be extra nice to other people's children or they'll beat you up. i hate being extra nice to anything.

November 15, 2007 at 6:59 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Your ironing thing make Bud's rock star thing, Sharalyn's cereal thing, Shannon whole list, and my H.E.M.P. thing totally normal. I thik that is why we do these lists to see that we really aren't that crazy. The movie thing is totally normal... right? I did laugh out loud and scare the crap out of Declan while reading this however.

November 20, 2007 at 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home