Luke Family

Friday, November 9, 2007

sisters....


Today I am grateful that my girls have eachother. There are many times in my life where I have thought it would be so nice to have a sister and then there are other times that I think I don't know how I could have handled having a sister as a child and even now as an adult. Sisters seem great for the most part. You always have a built in friend and someone to tell you exactly what you need to hear. So, even though I will never know what it's like to have that type of relationship, I am glad that my girls will.

Today we were in a fast food place that had a play thing. Peytons' legs were too short for her to get herself up the steps. Zoe had to help her everytime they went up. I kinda thought that Zoe would be annoyed at having to help Peyton out. I was wrong. Zoe got in and yelled for Peyton to come in and she picked her up with all her strength everytime to get her up each of the 3 steps. Never once did she complain, but she did it with such enthusiasm and pure enjoyment each and everytime. She loved helping her up. She even kissed her a few times after she got her up all the way.

Earlier today we were picking Zoe up from preschool. A little girl was whipping Zoe with her coat. Peyton was yelling at me "that girl is hitting Zoe". She was so disturbed that someone would be messing with her.

At gymnastics the other day Kamdyn landed on her head while attempting a flip on the trampoline. Zoe teared up and said to me "I need to go give her a hug".

These are small things and not that big of a deal to anyone but me, but these are the things in my life that make me the most happy.

My girls love eachother. They really, really love eachother. I can see the relationship in it's early stages and the deep connection that they already have and know that they will have that bond that only sisters have. I am well aware that we have many years to come of horrible attitudes and fighting over taking eachothers clothes and month after month of some serious pmsing in our house. But, if I can keep these little memories of their true devotion to eachother in the back of my head, I know that after the hormones settle a bit, they will find their way back into this loving and adoring relationship that began so long before. How lucky for them.

6 Comments:

Blogger redstarmama said...

At least you have a bunch of sisters-in-law to love you! I just love this post. I always wished for a sister, and it kinda bummed me out that I didn't get one until I was 10. The girls are lucky they are so close in age. It will be so fun for them when they grow up.

November 9, 2007 at 3:30 PM  
Blogger redstarmama said...

And that photo is so dang cute! Kamdyn and Zoe's blouses are adorable!

November 9, 2007 at 3:31 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

I can't wait to see all of you guys at christmas. Your girls are adorable and sweet (most of the time). p.s. what is kamdyn doing in that picture? can that be considered a smile?

November 11, 2007 at 12:32 PM  
Blogger S.Miles said...

Loved reading this blog too. I have heard you say (several times)that you are glad you don't have a sister. Speaking as someone who is a sister and has a sister- there is no other relationship I have in my life that compares to the relationship I have with Sharalyn. It's not just about having a built in friend, or having someone to really tell me how it is- it goes way deeper than that. There has never been a situation in my life that a conversation with my sister did not bring me comfort. (and a whole lot of laughter) I mean, what good is "good news" if I can't share it with my sister? I have loved getting to know your girls better and seeing how they interact. Each one has such a strong personality (hello Zoe) but you can totally see the love they have for eachother. Sisters are the best!

November 11, 2007 at 6:28 PM  
Blogger S.Miles said...

ps. you're tagged. read my blog.

November 11, 2007 at 6:32 PM  
Blogger edmundsfam said...

I really loved this post as well. I think having a sister means that there is always someone who has got your back. You are lucky because even though you don't have a sister you have always had at least two people who have always had your back. I have always been grateful to be raised so closely with my cousins. Shannon and I consider you a sister and you know that there is nothing we wouldn't do for you. It's that Hambly girl bond. It's unaxplainable and I think all of our girls possess it. Your girls are lucky to have each other and it will be fun for you to watch them grow up. Just remember, you are going to have to take the good with the bad. But the good outweighs the bad by far. Thanks for posting.

November 14, 2007 at 6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home