Luke Family

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

My ode to Ryan...


This blog is about one of my all time favorite people. In honor of his birthday I have decided to blog about Ryan. There are a lot of things I really like about Ryan. Here are a few:

1. He is really, really funny. Some people may not get his humor, but I do and I like it. He makes me laugh out loud many times when I read his blog or talk to him on the phone.

2. Ryan is a very good friend. He is constantly looking out for people and hoping that they choose the best thing for themselves. Very admirable.

3. I admire Ryan for his testimony. The strong and quiet testimony of a person who doesn't doubt, but lives by faith with the knowledge of the love of his Heavenly Father.

4. Ryan has become a great husband. No one can doubt that he loves Megan with all his heart and more. He is a lot like our Dad. Great quality to have.

5. Ryan is very sentimental. Ryan and I share the same feelings on holidays and wanting to keep the traditions we have done over the years. (is it so hard to decorate some damn eggs together?)

6. Bud is a good brother. He always calls me and we could talk for hours everytime we talk if only we had time. I am thankful to have him in my life. I hope he has forgiven me for all the crappy things that I did to him a long time ago (can I say Enchiladas or tighty whities).

I love you Bud and I hope you had a great birthday! Wish we could have spent it together. Please send my mommy and daddy home soon cause we miss them.

10 Comments:

Blogger redstarmama said...

Amen, sister! Or sister-in-law. Or whatever.

October 2, 2007 at 9:38 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

I have to agree with Janelle on the good qualities "Bud" has. I still can't call him Ryan without thinking about it first. Although I totally deny involvement in the "Enchilada" and "Tighty Whitey" incident I am sorry that it happened to him. I also feel very sorry that it had to happen to such a nice guy. Bud happy b-day on all that. I hope it was a good day. I can't believe how old we all are.

October 2, 2007 at 9:50 PM  
Blogger edmundsfam said...

Am I not suppossed to call him "Bud" anymore? I know I live far away but can you people throw me a bone here every once in a while. Thanks. Anyway, Happy Birthday to... Ryan?!

October 3, 2007 at 10:38 AM  
Blogger Miriam Herm said...

Hear Hear!
Hambly is one of my most favorite people (or Bud or Ryan or whatever you people call him).

And hi janelle, yes i read your blog.

October 3, 2007 at 10:52 AM  
Blogger S.Miles said...

Bud is the best! Nothing beats making ice cream with Grandma (may she rest in peace) back in the day! I am so glad Janelle blogged about you today because you deserve a little shout out! I am glad I still get to call you Bud too. All this talk of "Ryan" has me a little concerned. Please don't tell me you are growing up now and want to go by that now. !! I miss you Bud.

October 3, 2007 at 4:31 PM  
Blogger Steve and Janelle said...

For the record: If you grew up with Ryan and are a family member you are allowed to call him Bud for the rest of his life. I just wrote "Ryan" in the blog and also added "Bud" in there a few times. He has not said nor implied that he would not like to go by Bud. By all means, call him Bud. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

October 3, 2007 at 4:47 PM  
Blogger redstarmama said...

Well, thank you for clearing that up. I know it was causing a whole lot of concern and consternation in the family, nationwide.

October 3, 2007 at 6:04 PM  
Blogger Ryan said...

Janelle is very right about the Bud thing. Feel free to use it forever. For some reason it really freaks me out when Meg calls me Bud but all of you are okay to keep using it. Thank You very much for all your nice sentiments. I would like to say I didn't tear up reading your blog but I would be lying. I love you all.

October 3, 2007 at 8:26 PM  
Blogger Meg said...

He actually really did tell me I'm not allowed to call him Bud. And he really did start to tear up when he read this blog--I asked him to read it to me out loud so I didn't have to look it up but he wouldn't because he didn't want to start crying :) Anyway, thanks to all of you--you are all amazing people and I am glad I married into your (slightly crazy) (but great) family. And happy birthday, Ryan. (sorry if seeing "Ryan" was weird for anybody).

October 3, 2007 at 9:09 PM  
Blogger S.Miles said...

Budbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbudbud....just needed to get it out.

October 3, 2007 at 9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home