Luke Family

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sounds of the season....


My name is Janelle Luke and I listen to KOST. Yes, I am going to admit to being a closet KOST listener. The thing I really love about them this time of year is that they play Christmas music 24/7 from the Monday before Thanksgiving to Christmas. I love Christmas music. I could listen to it all year if it weren't for the rolling of the eyes I get from others. I think maybe it's because the music is very uplifting and positive. Can't beat a good "Santa Clause is Coming to Town". I will also take this time to admit that I am a blubbering baby. I tear up atleast twice a day when listening to this music. The other thing that KOST does is a behind the song and they tell you the history behind the song they are going to play. It is always so interesting because a lot of the Christmas songs are so old. Well, maybe this should have been added to my list of weird things cause I don't know anyone else who listens to this station at my age, but I love it. Especially when they do their dedications. Mostly because I make fun of those people. Happy Holidays and if you think you can stand it, try and listen to a little KOST...
p.s. don't mind the scary non faces on this picture of carolers.

4 Comments:

Blogger edmundsfam said...

When I worked at Expressions, Jenn Flanagan and I would call in and dedicate songs all the time. Sometimes they would just say our name, and sometimes we could actually get on the air. It was the best. I love KOST. I miss it.

November 28, 2007 at 1:41 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Do you sit and listen to it with Norma? I think you have gone from turning into Mom to turning into Grandma. Do you pretend to be in some sort of Christmas movie while you are driving around listening to it?

November 28, 2007 at 6:30 PM  
Blogger Steve and Janelle said...

Mostly I pretend that I am in the Charlie Brown Christmas movie. Oh wait, that's just my kids only hearing me say blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. I don't think Grandma knows about KOST, but if she did she would love it too.

November 29, 2007 at 8:56 AM  
Blogger S.Miles said...

You are so not allowed to be in charge of the radio on our little road trip...

November 29, 2007 at 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home