Luke Family

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

3 generations of toes...

Saturday was such a nice day for me. My Mom and Grandma and I went to get pedicures and lunch. It's always an adventure taking grandma somewhere and this was no exception. The best part was watching her walk in the sandals they give you so you don't smudge your nail polish. Let's just say I don't think grandma ever has ever worn a pair of flip flops in her life.

After getting my eyebrows waxed, i felt a little beat up. She really got all the hair and some skin too. She is very thorough. I am still a little tender.

We then went to lunch at CPK. I haven't been there in awhile and it was so tasty. My mom and I shared the Tostada Pizza. Seriously, it is so good. I can't believe I have never had it before. Yummy...now I want to go back today.

After lunch we dropped grandma off and my mom and I spent the rest of the afternoon walking around the mall. It was so nice to spend time with my mom since she has been especially busy with work. I was gone from the house from 10:45 in the morning until 4:00 in the afternoon. And guess what? I didn't feel guilty for being away for one minute.

When I returned home, I was informed that we were going swimming at Shannons. After being verbally abused by Shannon on the phone, I decided that we better get over there. And, I am glad we did. We had a great time swimming, especially since it was 90 degrees. Seriously folks, this is April.

It was such a great day and my mom is awesome. While we were in the emergency room Friday night, Steve and I were talking about our friends and who we consider our best friends (besides eachother) and I have to say that my mom is my number one best friend. If I could choose to spend time with anyone on a day off, I would no doubt choose my mom.

p.s. the emergency room on Friday was actually pretty entertaining. Luckily my mom and dad had gone out to dinner and were still awake and could come over and stay with the kids while we went. By the way, thank you so much Cuillard boys for driving Steve home...anyhow, Steve was really ok and he was just going because the league told him he had to. So, all the other people sitting in the emergency were looking at us really weird because we were laughing and talking and we were only there 2 1/2 hours. Everyone else had to wait much longer and we were in and out. It took longer to get the paper work than for the Dr. to assess the situation. I told Steve that he could just ask to go out with me instead of getting hit in the head so we could have a nice evening together in the emergency room.

5 Comments:

Blogger edmundsfam said...

Please tell me Grandma had her clothes on. :)

April 30, 2008 at 11:24 AM  
Blogger edmundsfam said...

And I'm glad Steve doesn't have brain damage.

April 30, 2008 at 11:24 AM  
Blogger S.Miles said...

I didn't verbally abuse you. Geesh- Im going to get a lovely reputation on this Blogger thing with all the posts about my freakishly strong body, and my lashing out at everyone. I just didn't think 5 minutes before you were supposed to be there was the time to look for a bathing suit top that we know you weren't going to find. She looked cute in her tank top any ways. And your toes did look really cute. I'm not gonna lie- I was a little (a lot) jealous. It's okay, after the swimming- I got out my polish and did my own little mani/pedi. :P I know your mom is your best friend, but you are for sure one of mine. I am glad you guys live so close now and that our kids love each other! Especially Kamdyn and Kody. He's going to make a great husband becuase of her.

April 30, 2008 at 12:33 PM  
Blogger redstarmama said...

I would have paid a lot of money to see Grandma in pedi-flip flops. And I, too, am glad Steve doesn't have brain damage. Future generations of Hamblys are counting on his coaching! And you and the girls, of course.

April 30, 2008 at 12:37 PM  
Blogger Steve and Janelle said...

If Steve left this Earth due to getting hit in the head with a softball I would be pissed! Shannon-I am glad we live close too. It has been so fun. I consider you one of my best friends also. Even if you do lash out a little every now and then. ;) And Sharalyn, she was thankfully wearing clothes. She did get a little confused about having to take her socks off though. Poor Grammy...

May 1, 2008 at 10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home